Are you interested in a career with QuickSmart through the SiMERR National Research Centre at the University of New England? We are currently looking for a new Numeracy Research Fellow to join our team! Please see our website for more details: https://simerr.une.edu.au/quicksmart/come-work-with-us/
- Description: Academic Level B, full time, fixed-term to 31 December 2023
- Position Number: 222238
- Link to UNE Jobs webpage: https://www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une/current
- Applications Open: 21 July 2022 / 00:00:01
- Applications Close: 12 September 2022 / 23:59:59
- For further information, please contact: Anne Parnell (email@example.com / 0412 475 566)
The successful applicant will work as part of a team within the SiMERR National Research Centre. The position involves a mix of activities related to brain-based approaches to support at-risk learners through ‘second-chance’ programs in numeracy. These include:
- Presenting Numeracy workshops to teachers and QuickSmart instructors from primary and secondary schools both in on-line form via ZOOM (or equivalent) and face-to-face meetings across Australia
- Development and planning activities related to supporting ‘second chance’ learning opportunities for at-risk learners in apprenticeship programs, correctional centres, juvenile detention centres, and remote communities
- Involvement in research directed at supporting at-risk learners
- Trialling new research-based initiatives both for the classroom and on-line QS programs
- Input and involvement into other programs offered by SiMERR, both nationally and internationally.
Please visit https://www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une/current to apply for the position.